Better access would allow increased opportunities for:
- Social interaction with other communities;
- Access to emergency, health and social services;
- Training and jobs during planning and construction;
- Local economic development; and
- Increased ability for families to be together in the community.
A Community Access Road would reduce reliance on winter roads which have become increasingly unreliable due to climate change, and would also reduce transportation costs for goods and services; meaning more affordable food, fuel and other vital supplies and services.