Learn more about the Community Access Road by clicking "Next" to watch our feature videos.
- 1 of 4
Background and Overview
Learn about Marten Falls First Nation and the Community Access Road.
- 2 of 4
Changes Between the Draft ToR and Proposed ToR
Watch the video to learn about changes made to the ToR since the last version.
- 3 of 4
Watch the video to learn about next steps and consultation opportunities.
- 4 of 4
On this website, you will find the Proposed ToR, along with videos and documents to assist you in your understanding of the Community Access Road Project. Once you’ve reviewed the information, we encourage you to be in touch with a MFFN Project Team member or a Councillor with any questions you have.
The ToR documents are large files. Please make sure you are connected to wi-fi and take a look at the file size. In an effort to make the ToR easier to access, we divided out sections for download and review.
- September 2020 Newsletter (Updated September 18) (PDF 691 KB)
Notice of Submission of Terms of Reference
- Notice of Submission of Terms of Reference - English (PDF 388 KB)
- Notice of Submission of Terms of Reference - French (PDF 389 KB)
Note on Viewing Locations
The ToR was available for review beginning October 23, 2020 for a period of 60 days. The ToR could be inspected in-person only at those viewing locations that are open to the public at the time the Notice of Submission was issued. As viewing locations respond to COVID-19, we recommend you check their websites for hours of operation and potential restrictions—like the need to book an appointment before accessing the location.
We will be updating the list below throughout the review period to show the open / closed status of the viewing locations.
- Open: Greenstone Public Library - Geraldton Branch: 405 2nd Street West, Geraldton
- Open: Greenstone Public Library - Longlac Branch: 110 Kenogami Drive, Longlac
- Open: Sioux Lookout Public Library - 21 Fifth Avenue, Sioux Lookout
- Closed to the Public: Matawa First Nations Management - 233 S. Court Street, 2nd Floor, Thunder Bay
- Open: Timmins Public Library - 320 2nd Avenue, Timmins
Terms of Reference
Complete Terms of Reference (PDF 17 MB)
- Sections 1-6 (PDF 5 MB)
- Introduction, Process, Environmental Assessment Process, Purpose of the Project and the Study, Rationale for and Description of the Undertaking, Description of and Rationale for Alternatives
- Section 7 (PDF 7 MB)
- Existing Environment and Potential Environmental Effects
- Sections 8-9 (PDF 2 MB)
- Assessment and Evaluation, Commitments and Monitoring
- Sections 10-11 (PDF 2 MB)
- Consultation During the Terms of Reference, Consultation and Engagement Plan to Support the Environmental Assessment
- Sections 12-13 (PDF 239 KB)
- Accommodating New Circumstances, Other Permits and Approvals
- Section 14 (PDF 286 KB)
- Appendix A: Proposed Criteria and Indicators for Alternatives Evaluation (PDF 276 KB)
- Appendix B: Consultation and Engagement Plan to Support the Environmental Assessment / Impact Statement (PDF 3 MB)
- Supporting Document - Draft Alternatives Development (PDF 13 MB)
Record of Consultation Report (PDF 6 MB)
- Appendix C
- Appendix A: Notices and Other Information Releases (PDF 20 MB)
- Appendix B: Indigenous Communities (PDF 76 MB)
- Appendix C: Public and Other Interested Stakeholders – Supporting Documents (PDF 34 MB)
- Appendix D: Government Agencies (PDF 16 MB)
- Appendix E: Comments Received / Responses to Comments on the Draft ToR (PDF 2 MB)
- Marten Falls – Ontario Memorandum of Understanding on Shared Consultation Responsibilities (PDF 4 MB)