A Terms of Reference is a requirement of the Provincial Environmental Assessment (EA) process, and is a “road map” for planning and decision-making during the next phase of the Environmental Assessment process.
It provides an overview of the:
- Purpose and description of the Project (e.g., the development of an all season access road to Marten Falls First Nation);
- Routing alternatives for the road to be considered in the EA, and the criteria and methods for doing so;
- Existing environmental conditions and potential effects/ impacts of the new community road;
- Studies to be conducted during the EA; and
- Plans for future consultation during the EA.